Nidhi Yadav a young lady and an entrepreneur started women’s ethnic clothing brand AKS when she was just 25 and a mother of a 7 month young baby. She had a spark of wetting her feet’s in Fashion Industry, though chose to pursue a degree in Computer Science . After, one-and-a- half year of working in a consultant firm Deloitte she realized this is not her cup of tea which she actually wanted to achieve.

Basically my mentors helped me realise what was my desire towards my career,” said Nidhi.

The question at the year- end presentation in the company which helped her to change the path was “When was the last time you wanted to go to office?” She honestly replied “Never”, and that was the turning point of Nidhi’s life.

Soon, she enrolled in a fashion designing course in Italy. While pursuing her fashion course, she thoroughly studied the business model of the iconic brand Zara.Inspired by their success Nidhi got an idea to replicate it in AKS.

Her foresight and passion to join Fashion Industry helped her to view unexpected business opportunities in the E-Com sector.

According to Nidhi, “Brand AKS is not a premature idea, it is a very calculated, research-driven and a well thought concept.”

IMG Source: AKS Fb page

On May 2014, AKS was established with a seed capital of 3.5 lakhs and a warehouse less than a thousand units by the Co-founder and CEO of brand, Nidhi Yadav.

The ethnic brand which is targeted to young ladies/girls from 18 to 35 years of age, whether it would be college students or working women the brand offers a wide range of variety and unique outfits for ladies.Some women wear in AKS basket includes range of kurta/kurtis, Palazzo, sets,

Anarkalis, Leggings, saree’s and mojaris( traditional footwear ). Gurugram based AKS also has an integrated network of printing,stitching and manufacturing units in Jaipur.

IMG source:AKS clothing.com

When Nidhi got inspired by the brand Zara and their strategy towards growing business such as   “ Every month they used to have a new collection” so when she launched AKS she used to make sure that they were launching 15-20new styles every 2 weeks. Today AKS has 150 new styles every month. Nidhi also said in an interview on YourStory that companies whole collection is not available all the time “Once sold out, we don’t make the same designs again.”

She also thanked her husband for supporting her in the entire journey of career and says “ All credits to my husband Satpal Yadav  for believing in me.” Usually most of the women complains that after marriage there is no scope to make your career touch new heights but in the case of Nidhi Yadav it seems opposite.

At present , AKS is on all the leading stores such as flipkart, Myntra and  Jabong. AKS has already opened to 2 offline stores in Nagaland and plans to open at least 10 stores in India by mid-2019. Nidhi dreams to see her company in top 10 brands of the country in next five years.

Women’s Empowerment is the motive of AKS , says Nidhi

More than 50 percent of AKS employees and 60 percent of suppliers are women. Nidhi always wanted to generate employment and contribute to society, and she did that.

“ AKS is my second kid,”says Nidhi fondly as it is closely twinned in her life.

To all the young entrepreneurs or to the ones who are in search of right path, Remember the 3 P’s “ Passion as a Profession leads you to Perfection!!”